Category Archives: Deering Village

Glimpses. 108 Fessenden Street.

Built ca 1895

A nicely detailed and well preserved Queen Anne in the USM neighborhood.

Continue reading

464 Deering Avenue

Built in 1877

They called it the ‘Old Back Bay Road’ when Nathaniel Sawyer purchased the lot for our subject in what was then the Town of Deering from Edward Winslow in 1876. After Deering was annexed by Portland it would become today’s Deering Avenue.

Continue reading