Tag Archives: West End

71 Bowdoin Street

Built in 1906-07 for Herbert & Sally Payson. Design by John Calvin and John Henry Stevens.

A large brick Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

154-156 Danforth Street. By request

A brick Greek Revival between State and Brackett Streets

Built ca: 1850-51 for Charles H Green by Charles Frost and Edward P & Sewall C Chase.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 90 & 94 Gray Street

Built ca: 1888

A pair of modest Queen Anne’s in the block between Brackett and Clark Streets

Continue reading

Glimpses. 66 West Street

Built in 1919 for James and Rose Macy

A low-key colonial revival in the West End

Continue reading

48 State Street. By request

Built ca 1890 by Jacob Winslow.

A brick, 3 story apartment building on the lower end of State Street. Design probably from the office of Francis Fassett.

Continue reading

119-121 State Street

Built ca: 1854-55 for William H Stephenson.

An eclectic double house on the corner of State and Spring Streets.

Continue reading

120-126 Spring Street

Built ca: 1892 for William H Stevens

A pair of double houses designed by John Calvin Stevens, no relation.

Continue reading