Tag Archives: John Calvin Stevens

75 Vaughan Street Redux

Built in 1859 for William Goodwin

A quirky Gothic Revival on the corner of Vaughan and Bowdoin Streets

Continue reading

Glimpses. 95 Deerfield Road.

Built in 1914 for Hazel & Harold Blanchard. Design probably by the firm John Calvin Stevens Architects.

A substantial Shingle Style home in the Boulevard Park neighborhood. Continue reading

Glimpses. 151 Vaughan Street

Built ca: 1902 for Fred Richards as a wedding present to Edward and Gertrude Piper.

An odd Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District Continue reading

West End Walks. 188-190 Pine Street

Built ca: 1902 for Charles Henry Payson. Design by John Calvin Stevens.

A substantial brick Queen Anne Double-house in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

26 Belmont Street

Built ca 1906 for Captain Lincoln Jewett. Design by John Calvin and John Howard Stevens

A handsome Queen-Anne in the Coyle Park neighborhood. Continue reading

West End Walks. 2 Thomas Street

Built ca: 1910 for Arthur and Frances Champlin. Design by John Calvin and John Howard Stevens.

A large brick Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

71 Bowdoin Street

Built in 1906-07 for Herbert & Sally Payson. Design by John Calvin and John Henry Stevens.

A large brick Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

80-84 Pine Street

Built in 1865 for George Gilman. Remodeled in 1895 for Holman S Melcher

A large brick Italianate on the corner of Pine and Lewis Streets.

Continue reading

120-126 Spring Street

Built ca: 1892 for William H Stevens

A pair of double houses designed by John Calvin Stevens, no relation.

Continue reading

91 Lincoln Street

Built ca 1878 for Frederick Thompson

Built by William Dyer Murray

Continue reading