Category Archives: West End Walks

Glimpses. 33 Cushman Street.

Built ca: 1868 for William and Mary Milliken. Possibly by James Tenney.

A remuddled Italianate in the West End neighborhood Continue reading

Glimpses. 46 West Street

Built in 1876 by Moses C Merrill

A Mansard roofed Italianate in the West End. Continue reading

West End Walks. 77-79 Carleton Street

Built ca: 1855 by Sewall Chase

An odd brick Italianate in the West End. Continue reading

Glimpses. 45 Thomas Street

Built ca: 1866 for Augustin Gamage

A handsome Italianate in the Western Promenade Historic District
Continue reading

West End Walks. 188-190 Pine Street

Built ca: 1902 for Charles Henry Payson. Design by John Calvin Stevens.

A substantial brick Queen Anne Double-house in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

Row Houses: 196 Danforth Street. By Request

Built ca: 1836/7 by Eli Hamblen

A Greek Revival townhouse in the West End. Continue reading

Glimpses. 22 Clifford Street

Built in 1916 for Ammi Whitney and his son Joseph.  Design by Frederick Tompson.

A brick colonial revival in the Western Promenade historic district. Continue reading

West End Walks. 2 Thomas Street

Built ca: 1910 for Arthur and Frances Champlin. Design by John Calvin and John Howard Stevens.

A large brick Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 50 Cushman Street.

Built in 1870 by James Tenney for Clinton and Olive Jones

A substantial Second Empire in the West End neighborhood.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 108 Salem Street

Built ca: 1855 by John Neal

A pleasant, and substantially altered, Greek Revival on the harbor slope of the West End.

Continue reading