Tag Archives: Architecture

71 Bowdoin Street

Built in 1906-07 for Herbert & Sally Payson. Design by John Calvin and John Henry Stevens.

A large brick Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 40 Deering Street.

Built ca 1876 for Harrison Tyler Whipple. Simon Libby builder

A Stick Style home in the Deering Street Historic District.

Continue reading

96-100 India Street

Built ca 1867 by the heirs of Dudley Cammett. Designed by George B Pelham.

A brick Second Empire in the India Street Historic District.

Continue reading

171-175 Danforth Street

Built ca 1849-50 ‘on spec’ by Horace B Richards

A simple, and slightly quirky, Greek Revival double house between State and Brackett Streets

Continue reading

Glimpses. 457 St. John Street

Built ca 1857.

A brick Greek Revival between Granite and Falmouth Streets. Built for J B Brown and St John Smith. Yes, the street was named for him.

Continue reading

80-84 Pine Street

Built in 1865 for George Gilman. Remodeled in 1895 for Holman S Melcher

A large brick Italianate on the corner of Pine and Lewis Streets.

Continue reading

154-156 Danforth Street. By request

A brick Greek Revival between State and Brackett Streets

Built ca: 1850-51 for Charles H Green by Charles Frost and Edward P & Sewall C Chase.

Continue reading