Built ca 1869-70 by Russell Worcester
A wooden Mansard in the wedge of Pine and Emery Streets in the West End.
Built in 1865 for George Gilman. Remodeled in 1895 for Holman S Melcher
A large brick Italianate on the corner of Pine and Lewis Streets.
Built in 1866 For Edmund Phinney
Design most likely by Francis Fassett.
Built in 1863 by Thomas Cummings father and son.
The elder Cummings was an architect in Portland.
A gorgeous little Italian Villa on one of the the West End’s service streets.
94 Pine Street & 137 Emery Street
A wonderful pair of Queen Anne homes tucked into the corner of Pine & Emery Streets. These are some of the unsung hero’s of the West End
159 Pine Street
An area of architectural design little contemplated in modern times but long an interest of mine. Style and quality ranges from bland to utilitarian to high style.