Category Archives: Greater Portland Landmarks

12-14 Winter Street

Built ca: 1858 for William Widgery Thomas

A brick Greek Revival double house between Danforth and Gray Streets

Continue reading

71 Bowdoin Street

Built in 1906-07 for Herbert & Sally Payson. Design by John Calvin and John Henry Stevens.

A large brick Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 40 Deering Street.

Built ca 1876 for Harrison Tyler Whipple. Simon Libby builder

A Stick Style home in the Deering Street Historic District.

Continue reading

80-84 Pine Street

Built in 1865 for George Gilman. Remodeled in 1895 for Holman S Melcher

A large brick Italianate on the corner of Pine and Lewis Streets.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 90 & 94 Gray Street

Built ca: 1888

A pair of modest Queen Anne’s in the block between Brackett and Clark Streets

Continue reading

209 State Street

Built ca: 1855-56 by Simon Libby for John W Munger. Possibly designed by Charles K Kirby.

A large double house in the Venetian Gothic style.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 66 West Street

Built in 1919 for James and Rose Macy

A low-key colonial revival in the West End

Continue reading