Tag Archives: History

Glimpses. 108 Fessenden Street.

Built ca 1895

A nicely detailed and well preserved Queen Anne in the USM neighborhood.

Continue reading

464 Deering Avenue

Built in 1877

They called it the ‘Old Back Bay Road’ when Nathaniel Sawyer purchased the lot for our subject in what was then the Town of Deering from Edward Winslow in 1876. After Deering was annexed by Portland it would become today’s Deering Avenue.

Continue reading

31 Belmeade Street.

Built in 1923 by Frank and Grace Leavitt

Design by John Calvin and John Howard Stevens

Continue reading

Glimpses. 22 Eastern Promenade. By Request

Built ca 1888 by James Polk Jordan.

Continue reading

71 Carroll Street. The Philip Clifford House

Built in 1911. Design by John Calvin and John Howard Stevens

Continue reading