Tag Archives: mansard roof

464 Deering Avenue

Built in 1877

They called it the ‘Old Back Bay Road’ when Nathaniel Sawyer purchased the lot for our subject in what was then the Town of Deering from Edward Winslow in 1876. After Deering was annexed by Portland it would become today’s Deering Avenue.

Continue reading

West End Walks. 191 Pine Street.

Built in 1866 For Edmund Phinney

Design most likely by Francis Fassett.

Continue reading

West End Walks. 143 Pine Street. A home for an architect.

Built in 1863 by Thomas Cummings father and son.

The elder Cummings was an architect in Portland.

Continue reading