Tag Archives: Then and Now

Glimpses. 270 Veranda Street

Built in 1916 for Harry J Ricker.

A heavily altered Arts and Crafts bungalow on Martin’s Point in the East Deering neighborhood

Continue reading

Glimpses. 21 Deblois Street

Built ca: 1910 for Louis E White

A pre-war Queen Anne in the Deering Highlands neighborhood

Continue reading

357 Spring Street

Built in 1868 for Benjamin Farnsworth.

A grand Italianate in the West End historic district

Continue reading

2 Atlantic Street

Built ca 1852 for Robert Dresser

A stately Greek Revival on the corner of Fore Street

Continue reading

Glimpses. 271 Summit Street

Built ca: 1803 for Charles Frost.

A brick Federal home in the North Deering neighborhood.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 327 Spring Street

Built ca: 1846 for John Van Buskirk

A Greek Revival with later alterations in the West End

Continue reading

Glimpses. 499 Ocean Avenue

Built ca: 1860 by Moses Dow

A small Italianate near Payson Park.

Continue reading

54 Maple Street

Built ca: 1858 by David Robinson Jr.

A Greek Revival double-house in the between Pleasant and Danforth Streets in the Gorham’s Corner neighborhood. Continue reading

Glimpses. 28 Clifton Street

Built ca: 1870 by Warren Sparrow

A cute Second Empire house in Coyle Park, between Forest Avenue and Back Cove

Continue reading