Category Archives: Condominium

12 O’Brion (formerly Beckett) Street.

Built ca: 1864 (maybe)

A much-altered  Second Empire on the Eastern Promenade side of Munjoy Hill. Continue reading

Glimpses. 327 Spring Street

Built ca: 1846 for John Van Buskirk

A Greek Revival with later alterations in the West End

Continue reading

Glimpses. 154 Newbury Street


Built ca 1867 by Jotham Lewis.

A brick Second Empire home in the India Street District.

Continue reading

80-84 Pine Street

Built in 1865 for George Gilman. Remodeled in 1895 for Holman S Melcher

A large brick Italianate on the corner of Pine and Lewis Streets.

Continue reading

46 Cushman Street

Built ca 1868 by James Tenney for W H Stephenson

Probably built for Charles W Pickard

Continue reading

West End Walks. 191 Pine Street.

Built in 1866 For Edmund Phinney

Design most likely by Francis Fassett.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 6 Eastern Promenade 

By Request

A first visit to the Eastern Promenade. Home to some over-the-top architecture to match some over-the-top views. Our first is a ‘by request’ glimpse. And it’s over the top

Continue reading

West End Walks. 143 Pine Street. A home for an architect.

Built in 1863 by Thomas Cummings father and son.

The elder Cummings was an architect in Portland.

Continue reading