Tag Archives: The Great Fire of 1866

Glimpses. 43 Deering Street

Built in 1866/67 for Francis Ashby Waldron

A well designed and built Italianate just off State Street in the Deering Street historic district.

Continue reading

The Great Fire. Greater Portland Landmarks gets into the spirit.

Taking a cue from Portland’s Valentine Heart tradition, Greater Portland Landmarks traces the path and edges of the fire. Too bad it poured today.