Tag Archives: Greater Portland Landmarks

80-84 Pine Street

Built in 1865 for George Gilman. Remodeled in 1895 for Holman S Melcher

A large brick Italianate on the corner of Pine and Lewis Streets.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 90 & 94 Gray Street

Built ca: 1888

A pair of modest Queen Anne’s in the block between Brackett and Clark Streets

Continue reading

Glimpses. 66 West Street

Built in 1919 for James and Rose Macy

A low-key colonial revival in the West End

Continue reading

181 Western Promenade. House #100

Built in 1911 for George West

Design by Frederick Tompson

Continue reading

464 Deering Avenue

Built in 1877

A modest sized Second Empire Home in the Oakdale neighborhood Continue reading