Category Archives: After the fire

15-17 Deering Street

Built in 1870 for Caroline and Thomas Weston. Simon Libby, builder. Samuel Knight and Nathan Redlon, masons.

A large Italianate double-house in the Deering Street Historic District. Continue reading

60-62 Hampshire Street

Built ca 1867 for John Barbour & Jane Barbour Staples.

A fine, if somewhat remuddled, Second Empire double house in the India Street neighborhood.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 28 Clifton Street

Built ca: 1870 by Warren Sparrow

A cute Second Empire house in Coyle Park, between Forest Avenue and Back Cove

Continue reading

12-14 Winter Street

Built ca: 1858 for William Widgery Thomas

A brick Greek Revival double house between Danforth and Gray Streets

Continue reading

Glimpses. 154 Newbury Street


Built ca 1867 by Jotham Lewis.

A brick Second Empire home in the India Street District.

Continue reading