Category Archives: Western Promenade

71 Bowdoin Street

Built in 1906-07 for Herbert & Sally Payson. Design by John Calvin and John Henry Stevens.

A large brick Colonial Revival in the West End Historic District.

Continue reading

181 Western Promenade. House #100

Built in 1911 for George West

Design by Frederick Tompson

Continue reading

Glimpses. 55 Bowdoin Street

Built in 1911 for Harrison and Helen Holt.

Design by John Calvin & John Howard Stevens

Continue reading

West End Walks. 53 Chadwick Street. A visitor from jolly old England

After the turn of the century, the West End became increasingly popular and increasingly filled with an eclectic mix of styles. Our subject is a rare example of the Tudor Revival style.

image

Continue reading