171-175 Danforth Street

Built ca 1849-50 ‘on spec’ by Horace B Richards

A simple, and slightly quirky, Greek Revival double house between State and Brackett Streets

Continue reading

Glimpses. 457 St. John Street

Built ca 1857.

A brick Greek Revival between Granite and Falmouth Streets. Built for J B Brown and St John Smith. Yes, the street was named for him.

Continue reading

80-84 Pine Street

Built in 1865 for George Gilman. Remodeled in 1895 for Holman S Melcher

A large brick Italianate on the corner of Pine and Lewis Streets.

Continue reading

154-156 Danforth Street. By request

Built ca: 1850-51 for Charles H Green by Charles Frost and Edward P & Sewall C Chase.

A brick Greek Revival between State and Brackett Streets.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 43 Deering Street

Built in 1866/67 for Francis Ashby Waldron

A well designed and built Italianate just off State Street in the Deering Street historic district.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 90 & 94 Gray Street

Built ca: 1888

A pair of modest Queen Anne’s in the block between Brackett and Clark Streets

Continue reading

209 State Street

Built ca: 1855-56 by Simon Libby for John W Munger. Possibly designed by Charles K Kirby.

A large double house in the Venetian Gothic style.

Continue reading