Category Archives: Llewellyn Morse Leighton

Glimpses. 140 Noyes Street

Built ca 1899. Probably for Marks and Earle.

A fine Queen Anne in the Oakdale neighborhood.

Continue reading

Glimpses. 90 & 94 Gray Street

Built ca: 1888

A pair of modest Queen Anne’s in the block between Brackett and Clark Streets

Continue reading

Glimpses. 30 Glenwood Avenue

Built ca 1899

As we have seen in previous posts, the introduction of trolley and omnibus service in the 1880’s & 90’s opened large tracts of former farm lands westward off the peninsula to development. Our subject is part of this trend and puts us back in touch with Mr. Llewellyn Morse Leighton.

Continue reading